The mission of LEAF is to offer a human services safety net to those in need in the Greater Lyons area.
LEAF is celebrating 10 years of service to Lyons. We began in 2008 as a ministry of Lyons Community Church, when pastor Claire Drews and her congregation started a food pantry and basic needs emergency fund to help Lyons residents in need. Then the flood hit in 2013, and the need for a human services safety net became even more apparent. Soon after the flood, in July of 2014 LEAF spun off from the church to become a project of Colorado Nonprofit Development Center. We initiated flood advocacy work, continued to operate the weekly food pantry, and greatly increased our basic needs assistance program. In 2016, we were ready to graduate from under Colorado Nonprofit Development Center’s umbrella into our very own 501c3 nonprofit organization. LEAF is now a well-known charitable organization, running the weekly food pantry, holiday programs, Meals on Wheels, and basic needs and resource matching.
We are currently looking for an Executive Director to join our wonderful organization as we grow and continue to meets the needs of our community.
Position: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the operation of all programs, the management of all fiscal resources, the supervision of all staff and volunteers, and the provision of quality services to the community. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of our services, core programs, partnerships and operations.
- Plans, develops, and supervises programs
- Serves as the client intake and resource advocate
- Coordinates with food pantry staff and volunteers
- Evaluates program improvements and recommends policy to the board
- Develops and maintains records and reports on programs and services
- Serves as the primary organization planner, setting goals and objectives and developing projections of needs and funding
- Ensures that all accounting policies and good business practices are implemented
- Develops, monitors, and manages the annual operating budget and ensures that operating budget achieves and/or exceeds set annual goals
- Oversees the grants calendar to ensure the timely and appropriate submission of proposals for funding
- Researches and identifies new sources for funding through grants and foundations, corporate and individual gifts, annual giving campaigns, and special events
- Provides key leadership and support to the Board of Directors for all fundraising activities and programs
- Participates actively with collaborative partners, local leaders, and donors and funders
- Provides key leadership and support to the Board of Directors in future board development, recruitment, training, and orientation of new board members
- Writes all grants and prepares and submits interim and final reports
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university required
- Strong management and supervisory skills and experience
- Minimum two years executive level non-profit management experience
- Proven track record of providing fundraising leadership and success, including success with developing a donor base
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience managing and recruiting volunteers
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with partner agencies and staff of LEAF
- Committed to and passionate about the mission of LEAF and its programs
- Experience managing a complex budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Successful grant writing experience
- Resident of Lyons
- Spanish speaking, bilingual/bicultural
- Technology savvy for maintaining website and social media accounts
- Previous experience with human services agencies in the front range area
Hours and Compensation: This is a salary position requiring 30 hours per week; salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@leaflyons.org. We will be accepting applications until February 10th, 2019 at 5 pm. No phone calls please.